Wednesday, May 21, 2008

Geek of the Week: Sandy


Need a personal assistant? How about a free one? Meet Sandy.

Sandy is a "remote command line app (I have no idea what that means)," or, in my mind, a nice lady you tell stuff, she remembers it for you, and reminds you about it in a timely fashion. It's cool.

Check this out. I e-mail her this:



It appears in my Sandy account like this:




I also receive a daily digest of the day's activities. Here is an example from someone who is much busier and more important than I:



Sandy synchs with my Google calendar (and with my husband's, or whomever I choose), so I can just send her a quick e-mail with a list of appointments, and she calendars it for me. I can also create lists, set shared reminders (via text or e-mail), organize my contacts, and many other cool features that I have yet to discover.

Favorite thing: I can communicate with Sandy via my Twitter, my Jott, or g-talk accounts. That's right! I can send her a tweet, call her, or send her an IM. SO convenient.

Least favorite thing: Communicating with Sandy is relatively straightforward, but there is a definite learning curve to do more complex things. Right now, I'm struggling to add something to a grocery list I've already created.

Overall? It's PERFECT for adding appointments and to-dos to my calendar, and might be cool for all of my GTD lists, especially once I'm back 2 skool and life becomes much more of a juggling act.

1 comment: