I don't know how to break this to you. I've been searching for the right words. But, as "they" say, a picture is worth a thousand words. Last night, I became...
a carnivore. Don't get too excited, Mom. This is an experiment.
Basically, this book that I'm reading, makes a very compelling case in favor of a carbohydrate-restricted (no sugar, or refined carbohydrates), high protein, high fat diet. I'll blog about it later.
I shared a steak with Tony (cooked as recommended by the lovely Alton Brown). I'm still alive. It wasn't even gross. Keep in mind, I don't think I've eaten any meat in the last 15 years.
Shopping for cow was quite an adventure. Who knew there was so much meat in the world? Not I. The nice man at Target was very helpful, and even wished me good luck (I had shared my personal eating journey with him...we bonded).
Here's what we're having for the rest of this week:
- Tuesday: yummy Jaime Oliver salad
- Wednesday: tofu/bok choy stir fry (I LOVE this stuff)
- Thursday: spinach salad with sugared walnuts, feta, dried cherries, and balsamic vinaigrette (we had something like this at Pizza Lucé and I'm trying to re-create it)
- Friday: lentils with roasted tomatoes and caramelized onions from this cookbook
- Weekend: ? we're off to a concert on Saturday night.
Leave me a comment or send an e-mail to request a recipe.