Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Vegetarian "Cookbooks" Part II

First, I would just like to say that it was amusing to listen to MPR all day yesterday covering story after story about how the US is in pretty dire circumstances economically, and then have them repeatedly ask us all to contribute. MPR, are you listening to your own stories? Nobody has any money right now. Sorry.

OK.

While it is neither vegetarian, nor a cookbook, I get lots of inspiration every month from Everyday Food magazine. They always have several veg. recipes, AND I find I can easily adapt many of the other recipes to be vegetarian! Another plus, the recipes are really thoroughly tested in their kitchens (no surprises), and are easy for busy weeknights. Not that I really have busy weeknights, mind you, but it's nice to be able to throw together something delicious without always spending hours in the kitchen.

Here is a GREAT "two-fer," just use Morningstar Farms Crumbles instead of ground beef. The beer and the chipotle chiles make this AMAZING!



images via Everyday Food


P.S. If you don't have Neat Receipts, get it. I tear out recipes and ideas from all my magazines, scan them, digitally store them, and recycle the paper! Pretty tidy!

2 comments:

swell.life said...

Hello! Just discovered your cute little blog. I'm always on the hunt for a great new recipe...

Hobocamp Crafts said...

so awesome- I do the same w/ everyday food and I love those dang crumbles( sloppy joe yumm)