Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year

I don't normally make formal resolutions for the new year, but, in general, have things that I am "working on" throughout the year. This year, however, I have some really powerful ideas (to me) that I've been tossing around in my brain for a few weeks, and would like to set them down on cyber-paper as my New Year's Resolutions for all 20-30 of you to see.

  1. Be Positive. I tend to re-live my past failures over and over again, and have a hard time focusing on the many successes I've had. Ideas to try include: keeping a morning journal (from The Artist's Way), which is helpful for clearing my head, and engaging my creativity; implementing some ideas from an article on being positive from this month's Yoga Journal .
  2. Design My Life. On the podcast the other day, Design Mom mentioned that there is a new movement to really think about creating or "designing" the life that you want. It's partially about designing your home space to fit your needs, but it's bigger than that. It's about finding the job that allows you to live the life you like, or selecting your city based on the lifestyle you desire. I'm going to start small, by tackling some organizing projects that have been waiting for me since we moved to our new apt. in October. Organized house=ornanized mind (thanks for the idea, BFF!).
  3. Work toward bringing in $200 extra income/month. This sort of goes along with #2, but will also help me feel like I'm contributing more to our family. I'm going to start by selling some things on ebay!

I'll keep you posted on my progress!

No comments: