Sunday, December 9, 2007

Christmas Stockings

It's true confessions time here at Sweet Bean's. I am not crafty. Not at all. Sandy, my business partner, is the creative and talented one. I'm glad I got that off my chest.

However, I have always wanted to create with my hands, and I've really been inspired by all of the talent that I've seen on Etsy. Since I grew up in a house that had handmade Christmas stockings (made by my creative and talented mother) , I decided that I would make some of my own. My mom kindly guided me through the process. Here are the results (OK, I'm nervous to show these, so please think encouraging thoughts):



Pretty cute, huh? I'm especially proud of Hal's little snowman. I modeled Tony's design after something I saw at rikrak (they have REALLY cute stockings!). The hardest part was the machine sewing...those suckers are complicated! My shoulders were very tense by the time I was done.

What surprised me the most about the entire experience was how therapeutic doing handwork was. It was very energizing to design and cut and stitch (unlike staring at a computer screen), and really helped to defuzz the brain, so to speak. I can't wait to get to work again!

Thanks, Mom!

4 comments:

Gledwood said...

I'm not crafty either but that's better than I could do!

Make it a good 'un this year!

... all the best to you

;->...

from
Gledwood
"Vol 2"...

(http://gledwood2.blogspot.com)

Sid said...

They are really cute. Good job, Honey!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for asking me! xx, Mom

Mrs.Kwitty said...

They are adorable--one would never know they were a first for you! I have to agree with you about the handwork--I really love it, it's so relaxing and you get such satisfaction from it.
Smiles, Karen