Hosting a swap has been in the back of my mind for awhile. After reading this post over at Design Mom, I had these questions:
- Why are cupcakes so awesome?
- Why not host a bake sale to support CancerCare for Kids?
- Why not do it virtually?
Why not, indeed?
We're having an online bake sale, people! It's going to benefit a great organization called CancerCare for Kids. What do they do? From their site:
It's part of a larger organization, CancerCare, whose services families can also use. Oh, by the way, their services are FREE!How will it work?
- Sign up to participate by August 5th. I ask that participants donate a minimum of $2.00 to the cause. That, plus the cost of ingredients and shipping should certainly be under $15.00. Not too shabby.
- Send me an e-mail (sweetbeansshop[at]gmail[dot]com) with your name and home address.
- I'll reply with my home address. Please send a check made out to CancerCare.
- I'll figure out who will swap with whom, and let you know by August 10th who your swap mate is.
- The "deadline" for sending in goodies and donations is August 24th.
P.S. Would someone please Stumble this post and post it on Kirtsy? The more participants, the more fun it will be. It would be great to send CancerCare a TON of money, wouldn't it? Thanks!
P.P.S. Grab a button from the sidebar!