Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Caucus

Bonus post! Well, tonight is the big caucus night in MN, and I really wish I could stay and participate. It's like a big political party meeting divided up by neighborhood. We talk about issues, vote for our presidential preference, and decide on delegates for the next level.

I just found out that I CAN just stop by and vote...psyched!!!! Tony is going to stay and try to be a delegate. I thought his speech should start something like this,

"Friends, Maple Grovers [we live in Maple Grove], and lovers..."

He's not sold.

P.S. Can anyone tell me whose speech I am parodying above (name of play AND character)?

4 comments:

Sid said...

I KNOW THE ANSWER....IT'S....

Lauren said...

Umm...that's cheating.

LYB

Karen said...

Oooooo can I play?
It's your favorite and mine: Julius Caesar.
Antony starts his famous speech with "Friends, Romans, countrymen, lend me your ears..."
but, he is actually parodying that old windbag, Brutus, who starts off one of his speeches: "Romans, countrymen, and lovers"... That's alot of parodying for one blog entry, miss.

OK, you can sound the nerd alert now...

Lauren said...

You GOT it! It's Brutus...ding, ding, ding!!!!! I thought I would through everyone off and they would guess Antony. Good job!

Tony played Brutus, and was unbelievable. I cried so hard at the end...he's an amazing actor.